Ten month Post-graduate program
Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
& Nature Conservation
Admissions for 2022-23 batch Open on 2nd January 2022.
The program is offered in CLASSROOM mode and ONLINE mode.
Admission form is the same for both. However, if regulations do not allow classroom participation OR if the threat of infection has not subsided, then ALL admissions will be routed to ONLINE Program.
Before you start filling the admission form :
1. Please read the complete Program details (below).
2. Make the payment of Rs. 10,000/- and take a screenshot. You will need to upload the payment screenshot in the form.
Net banking transfer
Name : Ecological Society
Bank : Bank of India, Pashan Road Branch, Pune 411008
Type of a/c : Savings
Account no. : 051610100004428
IFSC code : BKID0000516
3.Upon completion of these two steps, click the button on right to start your admission form.
This is a unique program being conducted by Ecological Society since 1997. The program has earned a reputation as leading education in ecological approach to sustainability and nature conservation.
The program imparts theoretical concepts and helps participants gain field experience through camps and field work. The unique ecological approach helps understand the connections between nature, economy, livelihoods and conservation.
Lectures are conducted by researchers, scientists, practitioners and academicians who are experts in their subjects. Visiting faculty are national and international experts. The library offers a unique collection of books, journals, periodicals.
The program is divided into three modules
Module 1 Setting the Historical Perspective: Evolution of the universe, earth, life, man, and the changing man-nature relationship. Agriculture, trade and commerce.
Module 2 Principles of Ecology, Role of Biodiversity in ecosystems integrity, Study of Major Ecosystems: Mountains, Tropical Forests, Grasslands, Marine, Riverine, and Wetland. Role of agriculture and agroecology, Principles of Restoration: Natural Resource Management, Theory and Practice, Ecological Approach to Landscape Planning.
Module 3 Understanding Sustainable Development, Ecological economics, Energy and Sustainable development, Current Challenges, Holistic Approach and Lifestyle Changes, Rural economy and urban ecology, development models
Field visits during the Program:
Grassland Ecosystem – 2 day camp
Mountain Ecosystem Himalaya – 7 day camp
Coastal Ecosystem and Forest Ecosystem – 5 day camp
Common Notes for CLASSROOM and ONLINE Students
Eligibility: Graduate in any faculty
Course Duration: 10 months (Starts first Saturday of June ends February or March of subsequent year)
Course Schedule: Every Saturday from 2:30 pm - 7:30 pm. Practicals on some Sundays, between 7:00 am to 10:00 am.
> CLASSROOM: Rs. 30,000/- EXCLUDING expenses for Field camps.
> ONLINE: Rs. 20,000/-
Discount - 10% discount for currently enrolled students (PG or PhD)
Admission: Opens on 2nd January every year by an online admission process.
For other questions please EMAIL Us - firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL - Mr. Sapatnekar - 94220 59614 Smitha - 88066 68511
Notes ONLY for ONLINE Students
1. For these students, the regular classroom program will be streamed live. Therefore, the program structure, syllabus and faculty are the SAME as classroom program.
2. Only ONE field camp is offered for Online students. This is this crucial difference for regular and online students.
3. You will need a computer or net-enabled cell phone and high-speed broadband internet connection, to attend the classes. Please note that there could be issues of net connectivity, power shut-down, thunder and lightning, loss of range and others, on which Ecological Society has no control. We request you to please be fully aware of this fact when you are signing up.
B-2, Jayanti Apartments,
Near Ratna Hospital,
Senapati Bapat Road,
Pune, India. 411016.
Over the Phone
Call us on
+91 (20) 2567 7312
between 10 am - 4 pm