Ten month Post-graduate program
Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
& Nature Conservation
Admissions for 2023-24 batch Open on 2nd January 2023!
The program is offered in CLASSROOM mode and ONLINE mode.
Admission form is the same for both. However, if regulations do not allow classroom participation OR if the threat of infection has not subsided, then ALL admissions will be routed to ONLINE Program.
Before you start filling the admission form :
1. Please read the complete Program details (below).
2. Make the payment of Rs. 10,000/- and take a screenshot. You will need to upload the payment screenshot in the form.
Net banking transfer
Name : Ecological Society
Bank : Bank of India, Pashan Road Branch, Pune 411008
Type of a/c : Savings
Account no. : 051610100004428
IFSC code : BKID0000516
3.Upon completion of these two steps, click the button on right to start your admission form.
This is a unique program being conducted by Ecological Society since 1997. The program has earned a reputation as leading education in ecological approach to sustainability and nature conservation.
The program imparts theoretical concepts and helps participants gain field experience through camps and field work. The unique ecological approach helps understand the connections between nature, economy, livelihoods and conservation.
Lectures are conducted by researchers, scientists, practitioners and academicians who are experts in their subjects. Visiting faculty are national and international experts. The library offers a unique collection of books, journals, periodicals.
The program is divided into three modules
Module 1 Setting the Historical Perspective: Evolution of the universe, earth, life, man, and the changing man-nature relationship. Agriculture, trade and commerce.
Module 2 Principles of Ecology, Role of Biodiversity in ecosystems integrity, Study of Major Ecosystems: Mountains, Tropical Forests, Grasslands, Marine, Riverine, and Wetland. Role of agriculture and agroecology, Principles of Restoration: Natural Resource Management, Theory and Practice, Ecological Approach to Landscape Planning.
Module 3 Understanding Sustainable Development, Ecological economics, Energy and Sustainable development, Current Challenges, Holistic Approach and Lifestyle Changes, Rural economy and urban ecology, development models
Field visits during the Program:
Grassland Ecosystem – 2 day camp
Mountain Ecosystem Himalaya – 7 day camp
Coastal Ecosystem and Forest Ecosystem – 5 day camp
Common Notes for CLASSROOM and ONLINE Students
Eligibility: Graduate in any faculty
Course Duration: 10 months (Starts first Saturday of June ends February or March of subsequent year)
Course Schedule: Every Saturday from 2:00 pm - 7:30 pm. Practicals on some Sundays, between 7:00 am to 10:00 am.
> CLASSROOM: Rs. 30,000/- EXCLUDING expenses for Field camps.
> ONLINE: Rs. 20,000/-
> REFRESHER: Rs. 15,000/- (Only for alumni, only in ONLINE formate)
Discount - 10% discount for currently enrolled students (PG or PhD)
Admission: Opens on 2nd January every year by an online admission process.
For other questions please EMAIL Us - email@example.com
CALL - Parul 98223 74114 Smitha - 88066 68511
1. We have three types of admissions:
(a) CLASSROOM batch
(b) ONLINE batch
(c) REFRESHER batch (only for alumnus, only in ONLINE format)
2. For ONLINE students the CLASSROOM program is streamed LIVE. Thus, the program timing, structure, syllabus and faculty are the SAME as classroom program. We use ZOOM for the classes.
3. DIFFERENCE between CLASSROOM and ONLINE formats -
(i) Can attend classes at the Ecological Society (subject to pandemic conditions), or online.
(ii) Can join 3 field camps (subject to the pandemic situation).
(i) Can ONLY attend Online.
(ii) Get to attend ONLY ONE camp (subject to the pandemic situation).
(iii) You will need a PC or mobile phone and a high-speed broadband internet connection to attend the classes. On issues of net connectivity, Ecological Society has no control. We need you to be fully aware of this fact when you are signing up.
Choice of CLASSROOM or ONLINE is entirely your decision. You are fully aware that ONLINE/REFRESHER students will be offered only ONE separate camp.
4. The maximum intake for the program is
CLASSROOM - 40 students
ONLINE - 60 students
REFRESHER - 10 students
5. Admissions are on first come first admitted basis, admission will be confirmed ONLY after receipt of Rs. 10,000/- towards fees, not just by filling this form. Balance fees must be paid before the start of the program.
*Right of admission reserved with Ecological Society
6. There are NO exams, but there will be group assignments.
7. This Program is designed to give you a holistic perspective and includes basic topics from all subjects. Participants are expected to supplement the class sessions with self-learning and reading.
8. ONLINE participants: We trust that only the admitted student will attend the sessions, and no family member or friend joins them during the classes.
9. Recording is provided for the missed lectures only. Not for all lectures (on special request it will be considered on case basis)
10. CLASSROOM Participants: Missed camps can be attended next year
11. Both CLASSROOM and ONLINE participants: Missed classes can be attended next year, online only.
12. CAMPS are usually a rigorous engagement in the study of the ecosystems, natural resources and the socio-economic settings of the area. Considering the time available with everyone, the days are intense, so expect the days full of activities. Family members or friends will not be allowed to participate in camps / visits.
13. Participants attending Himalaya camp will participate in a group assignment. They will prepare and present their observations and findings in groups as a part of this course requirement.
14. Alumnus of the Ecological Society course (Regular or Correspondence) can take admission only in the REFRESHER batch.
15. CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION - Participants meeting the criteria of 70% attendance (ONLINE and CLASS), at least 3 camps (CLASS), will be awarded a CERTIFICATE of COMPLETION.
B-2, Jayanti Apartments,
Near Ratna Hospital,
Senapati Bapat Road,
Pune, India. 411016.
Over the Phone
Call us on
+91 (20) 2567 7312
between 10 am - 4 pm